Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On Being Courted

I have been doing my fair share of dating since my divorce. There are those you all know about and a couple that you don't. The only one of any impact up to this point has been Fuzzy Face. He woke up a lot of feelings that have lain dormant for a long long time. While that has been overall really great, our motivations are still pretty different.

I feel like I need to hold out for someone who is perfect for me. They don't need to actually be perfect, just right for me. Funny, smart, good looking, goofy, strong, and honestly: a little redneck-ish. I like a man that's manly and can handle me as I am. Someone that looks at me and thinks that I am the best thing ever and really believes that.

Currently I am being courted, yes courted!, by someone I have known since I was a girl and Son was a baby. We recently reconnected on Facebook and now he is courting me. It's different than I am used to. I am not quite sure about all this coffee and conversation. I keep waiting for some kind of flip in the script and he turns into a giant egotistical prick. He talks to me and listens (at least it looks that way) to what I have to say. He texts me good morning and good night. It's super sweet.

Okay pelicans, just so we are clear, this guy is not like the Wolverine. He's the kind of guy who would smash you in the mouth first an ask questions later. The Irish Bulldogge is your kind of guy. Works super hard, lifts weights, likes to f*** (per his report) and fight. He's right up my alley. We haven't been on an "official" date yet, just hanging out at the gym and then having coffee before I go to work. Lots of talking. And he makes me laugh.

I am hoping that I am getting past that unrealistic hope that each new beau is "the one". I also want to stop trying to be what the person I am dating wants versus being myself. So I'm loud and obnoxious and a little naughty. I'm also sensitive and kind and loving. I am a pretty cool chick all in all. I would date me, I'm sexy.

It turns out that I like this being courted stuff. It makes me feel fantastic and like sex isn't the only thing this dude wants. I am pretty sure that lovin' will be on the table at some point (because seriously, it's important to me). I am enjoying the talking and flirting and attention. The man smelling my neck when he hugs me gives me goose bumps.

This Irish Bulldogge could give Fuzzy Face a run for his money. But on the other hand it may just further drive home the point that I just need to accept the fact that my heart belongs to Fuzzy. We will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment