Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mock Away Pelicans

It is really easy to mock what you dont understand or what you fear. Way down deep we are all 3rd graders anyway, right? It stands to reason that those who worry about how they are perceived will tease what they don't have and won't get.

I am in the early stages of enamored with my Wolverine. He is freaking witty and smart and won't let me run him over. Not to mention when we get to talking everything else kinda goes away. The things that he writes continue to have me smiling days later. Weeks later. I am flattered by his small jealousies and the kind caring things that he says. Oh, he's cute too and has a really cool job that I don't 100% understand exactly but I think its sexy. He's got a smart creative guy job!

Wolverine is not the kind of man that I normally gravitate towards. He's not cocky, doesn't have a giant ego, he didn't lead with sex, and isn't ever so slightly disrespectful to keep me off balance. When I am alone late at night there isn't this faint undercurrent of fear in my thoughts about him. Being scared of the person I am with emotionally blows and I am over it.

He and I each have issues. We are scratch and dent people. However we can talk our way through it so far. We both hate dating and want to be half of a whole. Does this mean that the game is over and we are going to run away together and live happily ever after? Probably not. At least not yet. But there is serious potential!

No, Wolverine is NOT a "shorter, uglier, fatter" version of the person that insulted him today. I have known him longer, so that would make you a taller, hormone driven, uncaring cad. Who was ridiculous enough to dump me for some random sex in his kitchen with his school partner. Most likely you WOULDN'T have broken up me except that I had too much crap at your house for you to explain away. You're dumb, because I am pretty spectacular, really beautiful, and a fiend for sex. I love your daughters and I am a great mother. Who lost out in that scenario? Not me! I got the smart, caring, loveable guy that KNOWS that I'm worth it and treats me like it.

Now that the truth is out there, I always was waiting for the Wolvrine. He is a real man. He might be a mess sometimes, but he will admit it. God forbid a man talk to a woman...about FEELINGS. I am pretty pissed off at the people that have said thoughtless things about my sweet. He is worth having to take my time for.

Maybe that's his "smart" plan: be good to me to get what he wants! Since I have been told that it is better for a man to be smart and not nice. Touch my face when he leans in to kiss me? GENIUS! Call me sexy when you text me? Also really smart. Flirt with me relentlessly...Facebook, email, texting, sitting next to me. Super genius. I am an idiot for his sweetness. If its a game Wolverine is totally winning.

So call him what you want, pelicans! I don't care. Okay, that's a lie. I care for this man very much. I am kind of mama bear for those I care about. If I have to tell you off, I will. But my man is wicked smart! He'll take care of you all on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment