Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessings

This morning I left work to find the passenger side front window of my beloved new CR-V smashed out. Initially I was pissed because it was going to be a cold ride home and that I was going to be late to IHOP breakfast with my friends. It took a depressing turn when I realized that my new Coach purse and $918 were missing. To quote my boyfriend, "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck a duck in the butt". Merry Christmas to me!

Me being the girl that I am, I kept asking myself, "What is this the karmic result of?" Also, "What is the lesson in this for me?" Did I mention that I also was feeling AWFUL from some disgusting, wretched, putrid stomach bug I picked up from a horseshoer? Curse you Cowboy, your early wake up mornings and your ruthless sickness!

What I learned today is a whole lot about the TRUE intention of Christmas. I have decided that even if that thief's intent was to mess up my holiday, they really kind of did me a favor.

First, my son is quite the gentleman. He hauled me all the way out to Waverly to fetch my work ID and was forced to finally meet the man in my life even if he didn't want to yet. He then bought me Subway and told me that if I DARED to throw up in his car that he would hurl me out on the side of the road without stopping. He is an amazing young man and I am so proud of who he is becoming that as I am writing this, there are big tears in my eyes. He is the true love of my life.

Next, Fuzzy Face as usual made me laugh hysterically, comforted me, and planned out how to get the broken window handled. He also let his girls open the gifts that I had gotten them while I was there so I could see how much they enjoyed them. Those little girls are fantastic fascinating creatures and I am fortunate to be able to get to know them. I am so happy that the universe sent me to them. All of them. That man is incredible and I really am crazy about him. Because seriously, who else gets to have the kind of comfort he gives me? Damn few women I know. How did I get so lucky?

My beautiful Miss D. She chopped and diced her heart out to help make dinner. She hates to cook, but since she loves me and our little family she did everything she could to help out. My girl did nothing all evening but crack really good jokes and harass every single member of our family. Good Lord that girl is funny. I love her to death.

My ridiculous brother. The saver of the meal! We hail you King Bunion! You make freaking AWESOME mashed potatoes! He is flawed and wonderful. He was my first friend and has been with me through thick and thin. I cannot say enough kind things about him. Or enough unkind things for that matter! Jesus he's ugly! And has no teeth (granted I knocked them out). But he has a heart of gold and I know that at the end of our days we will be there holding each other's hand and trying to push one another down the stairs.

Finally, quite possibly the best blessing any girl could ask for: The Tiger. No one has ever loved me more. I don't know if any father has loved his daughter more. Is there anything else to say about that? Really?

So jackass that stole my stuff: My day didn't suck. You got MONEY. Great for today. I hope you spent it on something outstanding. I can make more. You know that I work. I have a great family and a smokin' hot boyfriend. I am blessed everyday. Try stealing that from me and I'll shank your janky ass.

1 comment: