Friday, January 13, 2012

Being Miss Daisy

I am on vacation with Son and the BMD. They are incredible kids. So kind. And they take good care of me. We are all having a good time together. I feel kind of bad for them though....having to drag me around with them. So I have become like Miss Daisy. The old, crotchety, overly opinionated woman who is tolerated since she is bank rolling the whole shooting match, but sort of in the way.

It's not like I enjoy being in their way. I am in love in my own right at this minute. Being the third wheel is making me lonely. Son has BMD. Crazy Best Friend has her drifter. And I sit here missing what I feel I have at home. I understand that being alone here isn't the end of the world. Normally I love to be on vacation alone. But being alone surrounded by couples blissfully happy kinda blows.

I am trying so hard to not be in the way or push my own agenda. I am going with the flow as best I can...which for me is a huge challenge. I don't want to be that bossy loud mouth that needs to be the center of attention. I am working on being okay with a vacation filled with introspection...

I can't decide if I am being fake or mature. What I do know is that it is terribly difficult to let your baby birds fly on their own. Even if they are circling the nest waving back at you the whole time...you start to realize that they are going to fly off soon enough and build their own nest in a cactus somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment