Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stupid Happy

In the recent past I have waxed romantic about several gentlemen. I'm sure that was all needed to help me figure out exactly what I wanted out of my next real relationship. And I think I may have figured it out.

I am passionate about a man that is nothing like I thought I wanted. He is blunt. And I mean BLUNT. He is unromantic and a tad bit shorter than me. But oh my GAWD do I find him beautiful! And sensitive, smart, kind, and big hearted almost to a fault.

Yes, I am talking about Irish Bulldogge. It's been the most fun I have had in quite some time getting to know him. I like the way he talks to me...like he just intrinsically knows what is best for me. It's like IB was just waiting around for me to show up and I was waiting for him. He makes me laugh so hard...really laugh, like throw your head back belly laugh.

His romance is in making sure I sleep when I need to. Or reminding me that a little bit of ice cream isn't going to make me gain back the 50 pounds I've lost. Bulldogge knows that family comes first, always. And we both want a family, whatever that looks like.

I like to kiss where his neck should be and put my hands on his face. We can't sit in the same room without touching. Yes, it may make the cynics sick, but it is the most wonderful feeling in the world. I like that we just sit down and tell each other what the plans are, like there is no question if we will be together 3 or 6 months from now. Because we will be, without a doubt.

Irish Bulldogge hates this blog I think. He is pretty private, so I wait until I can't hold in my emotions anymore to write something. There are a ton of times where I would love to write about something fun and silly that happened, but he would really hate it, so I don't. Dang, I can't believe I would edit myself for the sake of anyone...

I guess I care about his feelings more than my own ego. That doesn't even freak me out anymore. Irish Bulldogge balances me. He is WAY tougher than me and THAT is the greatest comfort of my life. He will protect me come hell or high water. With him I will never be intentionally hurt by anyone again without them getting punched in the mouth. And that, my friends, is what makes me love him; his unwavering protection of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment