Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

As a rule, I do not enjoy the traditional holidays.  But as I am growing and becoming more healthy I am realizing that I am allowed to build my own traditions for my family.  And this year I have plenty in my heart to be grateful for and I have decided to share some of it with you, dear readers.

I am thankful that I have survived my first year post divorce. It has been very difficult for me to attempt to rebuild my life. It has been hard to learn to handle things myself and not always have someone to solve my problems for me.  My marriage was by NO means a picnic or even remotely healthy in its final years, but having to do and face so much alone has been very challenging for me.

I am thankful that Son is growing into such a fine young man (even though I'm not supposed to write about him).  He is so good with The Tiger and managing things for him.  Like last night when Son was working on my car, he had The Tiger right there next to him as his assistant, like its the most natural thing in the world.  Their relationship is beautiful.  I am amazed at his wisdom and his abilities at his age.  I now not only love him because he is my son, I like and respect the person that he is becoming.  Its finally all coming together for him and I couldn't be prouder.

I am thankful for the BMD.  She puts up with a lot and still chooses to be a member of our family.  She is such a beautiful, ethereal creature.  She looks so fragile, but she is one of the strongest women I've ever met.

I am thankful for my work.  I am proud of being a nurse and working with people, even the ones that drive me crazy.

I am thankful for the Bulldogge and our continued efforts to build something together.  He really loves me...even if at times he is a little over enthusiastic about it.  I guess that is just the Bulldogge in him. I hope that we can  strike a balance and figure each other out.

I am thankful the the Vikings are having a pretty good season.

I am thankful for my dear friend Fuzzy Face.  What can I say about him that I haven't already?  He makes a good sounding board and challenges me to go after what I deserve.  I do still wanna kick him in the shin for breaking my heart a couple of times.  But when you care for someone you have to care about ALL the parts of them, not just the ones you like.

I am thankful for the Busty Bus Driver and the Liquor Lunch Lady for their friendship and support.  We always have such a great time and laugh until our sides hurt.  I am glad I can text BBD anytime I want to kill someone and she makes it all okay again.

I am thankful that the marriage amendment passed.  Love is love and who the hell has the right to say who someone can be married to.  Marriage DOES make a difference. Its not "just a piece of paper" and it does change the tone of a relationship.

I am thankful for my brilliant therapist!  Without all of her hard work and dedication I would not be here to celebrate this year. Of this I am certain. She has helped make my life livable and enjoyable!

I am thankful for The Tiger and his unwavering love for me.  I will have a man in my life that loves me that much and thinks that I am a precious jewel one of these days.  He was my first love and is truly my hero.  I cannot believe the strength he has every day.  The Tiger amazes me in his ferocity and his gentleness.  He make me smile from my heart.

Alright, dear readers, I am getting long winded.  Go and enjoy your feasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment