Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Little Something to Dream On

Some may call it a "Bucket List".  I, however, look at more like a "To-Do List".  My dreams may seem trivial, but wait until I start doing some of them...then it will look like an adventure.  One also has to consider the source...I was told growing up to not expect more than a husband and a child.  My dreams were to be for them and not for me.  My dreams are becoming my own finally.  I am working hard to build the life I always knew I could have.  Its a rocky road, and I have made some mistakes.  I am going to get there.

So!  This is The Fat Girl's To-Do List:

-Ride a mechanical bull
-Vacation at a dude ranch
-Dance on a bar
-Tent camp in Montana
-Learn to surf
-Visit Hank Williams's grave
-Drive my old truck to Alaska
-Join the Peace Corps
-Sing in Nashville (even if its karaoke)
-Buy myself a Ford Bronco
-Find true love
-Eat in a Gordon Ramsay restaurant
-Touch the Hollywood sign
-Take flying lessons
-Own an outrageously expensive pair of jeans
-Picnic in Central Park
-Kiss someone I adore under the Eiffel Tower
-Hug Big Bird
-Feel an Elephant's skin
-Drive in a demo derby
-Meet my youngest niece
-Put my feet into every body of salt water on earth
-Smell flowers in Bali

That's a start, don't you think?  I'm sure I will come up with more as time goes on.  The existing list is ambitious enough for now.  I wanted to have it formally documented so that I knew where I am headed.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment