Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I am Home

Okay.  Admittedly I have a pretty tumultuous  life.  But it has made me a strong, albeit weird, person.  Have you seen "The Lion King"?  I always subscribed to Pumba's "Home is where your rump rests" theory.  However, it leaves a person always slightly unsettled and never fully comfortable.  Not totally connected to the people you share your space with.

I have spent all these years adrift in an ocean of people feeling unconnected, alone, and utterly unlovable.  And then it happened...I found my missing piece.  He is strong enough to protect me from the whole giant dangerous world.  And he is more than willing to do the job.  He is after all the Irish Bulldogge. 

There have been times when I have not been the perfect girlfriend for him.  Others may have had certain qualities that made them stand out for a few moments, but I have to ask myself, "What have you longed for more than anything else in your whole life?". 

The answer is: to be safe, to be loved for all that I am and accepted for all that I am not.

This last weekend I moved out of my apartment and into the home the Bulldogge and I now share with our two beloved kitties, Snookie and Taaka.  As it turns out, home isn't a physical address.  Who would have thought? 

Home is where you can drop all of your troubles without fear.  Home is where you can bawl your eyes out over a headache or cuss like a sailor when you stub your toe.  Its where silliness and laughter are spoken.  Home means coziness, closeness, and snuggling. Most of all it is safe.  And cool with you being who the Universe has created you to be. 

So when the last box was put into the garage Sunday night after a LONG weekend of moving me out of my apartment, my soul sighed with relief at the thought, "I am home.  This man with his beautiful wide shoulders and masculine square toothed grin is it for you.  Enjoy the hell outta this."

No comments:

Post a Comment